Now that fall is here it’s time to do some baking. In January my husband was advised to go gluten-free. As a result, I’m eating semi-gluten free. I still have wheat based breads from time to time, but I wanted to find a way to make my fall favorite (Pumpkin Bread) so both of us could enjoy it.
I found a recipe on the Glutino.com web site and made a few adjustments. The original recipe called for orange juice and orange zest. I choose to leave out the zest and substitute Pumpkin Spiced Cider for the orange juice. I also used pine nuts instead of walnuts, increased the amount of butter from 4 tablespoons to 6, and I increased the amount of pumpkin from 1 cup to 15 ounces. Here’s the link to the original recipe: http://www.glutino.com/glutino_recipes/orange-cranberry-pumpkin-bread/
Below is my adaptation:
- 1 (15 ounce) Box LiveGfree Baking Mix
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, soften
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup Nature’s Nectar – Sparkling Pumpkin Spiced Cider
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- ½ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup pin nuts
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Use coconut oil to lightly grease a 9-x-5 loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mix and the spices. Whisk and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the brown sugar with the butter until fluffy. Add eggs, cider, and pumpkin and beat to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients. Beat to combine.
- Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes away with just a few moist crumbs. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto cooling rack and cool completely or serve slightly warm.